Calling on teens in Malaysia! Join the #BijakOnline Video contest and share your ideas about staying safe online. Ten best entries will win a RM 200 Voucher each from POPULAR Bookstore, sponsored by UNICEF!
9 in 10 Malaysian children aged 5 to 17 is an internet user – MCMC.
Organised by Childline Foundation and UNICEF, the #BijakOnline Video Contest hopes to get young people talking about online safety. And we hope it will help adults understand what children experience when you use social media.
#BijakOnline – Here’s how you can participate:
The video contest is open to anyone aged 13-17 years old, currently living in Malaysia.
You gotta produce a 1-minute video message on any one of the following topics:
- How can I stop cyberbullying?
- How can I stay safe from online sexual violence (sexual grooming, abuse, harassment and exploitation)?
- How can we stop spreading fake news and hate speech?
Step-by-Step Guide To Participate
- Select your theme (see above). Choose only 1.
- Think about 1-3 tips related to your theme that you want to share with the world.
- Produce a 1-minute video message on how to be #bijakonline … Your video must be no longer than 1 minute.
- Your video can be in Malay, English or sign language.
- Don’t forget to jazz up your video so others will want to watch it, and share it.
- Get your parent’s consent to participate by filling up this consent form.
- Post your video to your Instagram account. (This contest is only on Instagram. So if you post tempat lain, sorry la disqualified ok).
- Your post must include hashtags: #OurLivesOnline #BijakOnline *
- Please ensure you tag both @unicefmalaysia and @childlinefoundationmy *
* IMPORTANT – posts without the hashtags and tags will be disqualified.
Oh no! My IG is private
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. You can still participate in the #BijakOnline Video contest even if your IG account is private. Just DM your masterpiece to @childlinefoundationmy and they will post it on their Instagram page. Once up, you can invite friends and family to like and comment on your video.
RM 200 book voucher from Popular Bookstore, sponsored by UNICEF.
- Accuracy – video effectively delivers the message
- Appeal – overall look of your video. Gotta’ be attention grabbing, ok.
- Creativity – able to convey your message in an original and imaginative way.
- Impact – memorable, clear and compelling message. Must have the WOW factor.
- Video Quality – editing, audio and visuals will be taken into consideration.
10 #BijakOnline winners will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by Childline Foundation and UNICEF. All decisions made are final. Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
Sunday, 3 October 2020
Good luck, ya’lls.